Monday, January 21, 2013

Easy Coconut Creamy Pumpkin Soup

The season for pumpkin everything may be over but no one wants to miss this delicious pumpkin soup! Leftover canned pumpkin makes this soup an easy go-to.



I brought this soup to a friend who recently had surgery. It was heartwarming to reconnect and visit with her as she recovers. I hope this soup sees you to some great laughter and satisfied tummies!

This soup is vegan (unless you use chicken broth base) and free of most allergens (nuts, gluten, dairy, soy, corn, tomatoes). It is delicious with crackers, bread, or oat and almond drop biscuits. Even toddlers will enjoy this vitamin A-rich soup! I know ours did.



Easy Creamy Pumpkin Soup
1 onion
3 cloves of garlic
1 1/2 cup cooked pumpkin (or 15 oz can)
3 cups coconut milk (I used So Delicious coconut milk, unsweetened)
1 1/2 tsp sage,
1/2 tsp oregano
Pinch of red pepper flakes (or more if you want it spicy)
1 tsp cinnamon
Vegetable Broth Base

1. Chop the onions. Saute in grapeseed oil on medium for 10 minutes, every couple minutes. Add minced garlic and cook until the onions are translucent and slightly brown.
2. In blender, add all ingredients and blend until smooth.
3. To heat, put on stovetop and cook on medium heat several minutes.

And in other words, I've read a couple of books lately including
 Rethana's Trial (Legends of the Light-Walkers, #2) by Courtney Cantrell,
Widow of Larkspur Inn, The (The Gresham Chronicles Book #1) by Lawana Blackwell,
Heartless by Jaimey Grant and
Collide (A Collide Novel) By Shelly Crane.
All of these books are less than $5 on the Kindle ! I love to support as many authors as I can and when it's this price? Yeee haw!

In need of some cinnamon, sage, or other herbs? I buy my herbs from: Mountain Rose Herbs. A herbs, health and harmony c And you can help support Sweet Roots by buying from this link!

2 comments:

  1. Going to make this for dinner, hope my 14 mo likes it! Wondering how much broth you used?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used one strong cup. If you use canned coconut milk, feel free to use two cups of broth!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...